WCPA COVID-19 UPDATES ON OFFICE PROCEDURES/POLICIES.
FIRST AND FOREMOST, BE ASSURED THAT NO ONE NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT GOING WITHOUT MEDICINE DURING THIS NATIONAL EMERGENCY TIME FRAME. ALL THE ENTITIES THAT MAKE THE RULES/LAWS REALIZE THAT IT IS DANGEROUS TO STOP THIS MEDICINE AND THAT YOU NEED TO HAVE A WAY TO GET THE MEDICINE DURING THIS TIME, IN ORDER TO PREVENT RELAPSE/DEATH AND UNNECESSARY OVERCROWDING OF EMERGENCY ROOMS AND HOSPITALS.
- As of now, we will be open for regular business in the office. This is by far, the simplest solution. Our staff is totally up to date on the recommended precautions, and those precautions are already in place at the office. If you are not in one of the “at-risk” populations and not having any flu-like symptoms, you are welcome to come to the office at your appointment time and will not need to do anything different. We will observe appropriate social distancing and not have more than 10 people in any room.
- If you are in an at risk population or are concerned about coming to the office for any other reason, all the governing bodies that regulate OBOT and controlled substances have TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED (until the COVID-19 emergency status is lifted) the regulations that require physical visits to the office and physical prescriptions to the pharmacy. For the duration of this emergency, we will be able to do Telemedicine for the office visits, and then submit the prescriptions directly to the pharmacies via phone/fax. You will need to work out pick-up/delivery of filled prescriptions individually with your pharmacy.
- Several things to consider if you would like to do telemedicine appointments.
- We are REQUIRED to have LIVE, TWO-WAY AUDIO AND VIDEO communications to be legal. This means you need to have a device (Smart Phone/Tablet/Computer) that has a working camera and microphone. In order to be compliant with HIPAA regulations, we will be utilizing a software called doxy.me for physicians.
- This software does not require any downloads from the patient. WE DO, HOWEVER, NEED TO SEND YOU A LINK WITH AN EMAIL THAT YOU CAN OPEN AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- If you’re in an area with a good signal, your cell phone will work fine. A computer requires hi-speed internet in order to work properly. Many internet providers are providing FREE hi-speed internet to those individuals that don’t have it (on a temporary basis until the emergency is lifted). Check with your local provider if this applies to you.
- All payments for the office visit for telemedicine will need to be via credit/debit card. If you don’t already have one of these options, you will need to set that up with your bank, or purchase a pre-paid card (well in advance of your appointment time), which are available at most Wal-Mart, Meijer’s, Kroger’s, etc…
- As always, payment at the time of visit is required (whether in person or via telemedicine) in order to be seen and obtain a prescription.
- Our staff will call your phone at the appointment time first in order to get your pharmacy info, take your payment, and anything else needed. While you are on the phone, they will email you the link and be sure you have it working properly. You will then be in a “virtual waiting room” for the doctor to handle your appointment.
WE NEED YOU TO CALL/TEXT THE OFFICE AT 513.939.4008 AND MAKE US AWARE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE TELEMEDICINE OPTION AT LEAST THE DAY PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT, SO THAT WE KNOW THIS IS THE WAY YOU WANT TO DO THE APPOINTMENT.